Technical characteristics of the technology :
- To improve Niger's agricultural production by increasing from one harvest per year to three harvests, including two in the middle of the dry season;
- New approaches and solutions to food insecurity and farmers' income.
- Preferential cultivation zone: Rainfall: 300 to 600 mm
- Sowing-maturity cycle: Early 70 days
- Growth habit of the plants : Semi-erect
- Potential yield (in T/ha): 3Tons on average
- Hulling yield: 80%.
- Resistance to enemies: Aphid resistant, sensitive to Thrips and Bruch, sensitive to Striga.
- Weight of 1,000 grains (g): 180 gr.
- Grain: White colour (red hilum)
- Tolerance: Drought tolerant;Fodder quality: Good fodder quality
Economic characteristics of the technology
- Acquisition cost :
- Economic profitability :
- Comparative advantage :
Limits of the technology :