Technical characteristics of the technology :
- To improve Niger's agricultural production by increasing from one cereal harvest per year to three harvests, including two in the middle of the dry season.
- Charting new paths to food insecurity and farmers' income
- Preferred growing area: Rainfall: 350 to 500 mm
- Sowing-maturity cycle: Early 70-80 days
- Grain yield (in T/ha): 2 Tons on average
- Hulling yield: 80%.
- Resistance to enemies: Resistant to grain mould, Striga and lodging; Susceptible to elongated smut, midge, Bugs and sooty stripes.
- Weight of 1,000 grains (g): 30 grams
- Plant size (m): 130-150 cm
- Panicles: Compact
- Shape: Elliptical and compact
- Length/width (cm): 16-27 cm/ 7-13 cm
- Grain: Colour! creamy-white
- Tolerance: Drought tolerant;
- Fertilizer requirement : Fertilizer requirement ;
- Fodder quality: Good fodder quality
Economic characteristics of the technology
- Acquisition cost :
- Economic profitability :
- Comparative advantage :
Limits of the technology :